Empowering Your Anxious Child
Now available on Amazon!
Did you know that one in eight children experience anxiety?
Anxiety disorders are one of the most prevalent mental health issues that children face. With the world’s current state, the anxiety rate in kids is increasing.
Everyone experiences anxiety, even children. It may be nervous tension before an exam, an overnight trip, or monsters under the bed. Some anxiety is normal. In fact, it’s our body’s natural response to dangerous situations. When faced with danger, our body moves into fight or flight mode. This state has kept humans alive for thousands of years and is crucial in keeping us safe. Unfortunately, some people get stuck in this survival mode.
This book breaks down the science behind anxiety and provides a toolkit for parents who want to have the knowledge and strategies to empower their anxious kids.
By the time you finish this book, you will be able to:
- Recognize signs of anxiety in your child
- Help them manage their anxiety levels
- Create strategies that empower your children to become more confident and capable
- Understand the common causes of anxiety and recognize the root of your child’s anxiety
- Have effective strategies to support your child
- Recognize if you can cope with your anxious child or if you need more resources and professional help
What will you find inside the Anxiety Toolkit?
Deciphering Childhood Fears and Anxiety
- Breaking down what anxiety, fear, confidence, and shyness are so that it is easier to recognize anxiety symptoms.
- Understanding normal levels of anxiety and when it moves into the realm of a disorder.
Causes of Anxiety
- Learning what the science says about anxiety, types of anxiety disorders, common symptoms, and causes, which will help you understand what your child is experiencing and why.
Debunking Anxiety Myths
Understanding the Health Implications of Anxiety
- How anxiety affects physical health, sleep, and energy levels and what to do about it
- Helping anxious kids with chronic medical conditions
Joining the Dots Between Sleep and Anxiety
Looking at Anxiety Collaboratively
- Learning how to talk with your child about anxiety
- Developing practical strategies for managing anxiety
- Understanding how to support your anxious child
This book is full of nuggets of wisdom and interesting ideas that will ignite your curiosity to dive deeper into the world of your anxious child. Anxiety isn’t stagnant, and it will change as your child grows. You are traveling this journey together, constantly finding new and innovative ways to thrive.
Let this book help you add tools to your coping kit as you support your anxious child.
About the Author
Harriet Hall is a dedicated mother of four children who resides in California, USA. She is a passionate homeschooler and advocates for child-centered education, encouraging her children to become explorers, scientists, and detectives full of curiosity in their learning. Harriet’s passion for education is fueled by her belief that school should be exciting and empowering, and that every child deserves to have access to the tools they need to succeed.